504/IEP Meetings

504 or IEP? Which one is the right one?

In order to qualify for an IEP or 504 plan, a student must have a disability or condition that prevents him or her from making expected progress in the general education classroom. Both require some type of assessment, however the federal government does not provide funding for 504 plans like it does for special education programs. It is the responsibility of the general education setting to ensure that students are not discriminated against because of disability. The answer to the…

Read More